Award of Excellence
The Award of Excellence recognizes individuals who have demonstrated excellence in the Learning Community area as well as leadership and involvement in ACE. A recipient may be a current or a past member of the Learning Community. Nominees may be nominated by anyone in ACE. Download the nomination form to get started.
Guidelines for Nomination
- Nominee must have membership dues paid for the current year.
- Nominee must have at least five years of membership in ACE (not necessarily consecutive). Any ACE member – active or retired – may be nominated by any ACE member.
- Nominees must not be current chair, vice chair or vice chair elect of the Learning Community in which nominated.
- No person should be named an award recipient for more than one Learning Community in the same year.
- Nominees must be current or past members of the Learning Community for which the award is given and must meet all other criteria (1, 2, 3 and 4 above).
- Learning Communities do not have to have a nominee every year. Only one award per Learning Community may be presented each year.
- Current voting members of the ACE board are not eligible to receive Awards of Excellence. Directors-elect, however, are eligible for these awards.
- Learning Community chairs and the Learning Community director serve as the Awards of Excellence Committee. They are responsible for promoting the awards, soliciting and screening nominations, selecting recipients and presenting the awards at the ACE annual meeting. It is each Learning Community's responsibility to create a method for selecting recipients and to consult with the Award of Excellence Committee members to resolve any ties. The name of the finalist must be sent to the Learning Community director for presentation to and approval by the board.
- The Learning Community director and the ACE board, with Learning Community chair concurrence, may reject any nomination if candidates do not meet expected standards of documented performance.
- Runner-up nominees are not considered automatic candidates in subsequent years. New nominations need to be made each year.
- The nomination form should be submitted to the appropriate Learning Community chair by February 15.
- Learning Community chairs must send the name and the nomination form of the finalist recommended to receive the award to the Learning Community director and ACE executive director by March 1.
- Selection, acquisition and engraving of appropriate plaques or certificates is a function of the ACE executive director. No cash or sponsored award is allowed.