Retiree Award of Excellence
The Retiree Award of Excellence recognizes individuals who have demonstrated excellence in leadership, service, and involvement with ACE retirees and life members or within the larger organization. Nominations for this award may be made by any ACE member.
Guidelines for Nomination
CLICK HERE to submit a nomination.
- The nominee must be a retiree member who has paid retiree membership dues for the current year or be a paid-in-full life member.
- The nominee may not be the current Retiree Director or Director-Elect.
- It is not necessary that the Retiree Award of Excellence be given each year. The award should be reserved for those who have made truly significant contributions to ACE and to ACE's retiree and life members. Only one award may be presented each year.
- The current ACE Retiree Director, the immediate past Retiree Director, and, in the years when a Director-Elect has been selected, that Retiree Director-Elect serve as the Retire Award of Excellence Committee. They are responsible for promoting the award, soliciting and screening nominations, selecting a recipient, and presenting the award at the ACE annual meeting. It is their responsibility to determine the criteria used for selecting recipients. The name of the finalist must be presented to the ACE Board of Directors for approval before the award is announced or presented.
- The Retiree Director and the ACE Board of Directors may reject any nomination if the candidate does not meet acceptable standards of documented performance.
- Runner-up nominees are not considered automatic candidates in subsequent years. New nominations are to be made each year.
- Nominations must be submitted by March 1, 2019.
- Selection, acquisition, and engraving of appropriate plaques or certificates is a function of the ACE executive director. No cash or sponsored award is allowed.
- The award recipient is encouraged to attend the ACE annual meeting to receive the award, although attendance is not required.